aws CLoud Apprenticeship
start a 14-month accelerated career journey | Gain Professional experience | become a leader in tech
AWS APPRENTICESHIP OVERVIEW
APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
Attend 9-Week Bootcamp
interview with aws partner company
training & mentoring
accelerate & advance
- 9-Week Pre-Employment Bootcamp
- ~6 hours live training + 10-15 hrs additional time per week
- Mon, Tues, Fri 5:30-7:30pm CST
- Linux Bash Shell & Scripting
- Python Essential Training
- Amazon Web Services
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- 12 Months
- 4 hours live training + 5-10 additional time per week
- Full-time work schedule (hours may vary)
Check out how NEW’s programs have impacted our apprentices
Tech Process Associate at Infosys
“I received and accepted a job offer from Infosys. This could not have happened without NEW taking the time from your busy schedule to follow up on my specific situation. The bootcamp and apprenticeship have changed my life for the better. So rather than just say thank you to you, I will also demonstrate my appreciation by working hard to excel in the apprenticeship program, as well as utilize the opportunity to the best of my ability. Thank you for your comittment, assistance, and support. My gratitude for your contribution to my future success is immeasurable.”
Tech Process Associate at Infosys
“The most rewarding thing so far is the one I least expected. The focus that NEW puts on not only technical knowledge but emotional intelligence. The skills I’ve learned on how to properly deal with procrastination and increase my overall productivity and time management will follow me for the rest of my life professional and personal.”
Meet the AWS Apprenticeship Team
AWS Cloud Program Manager
- Loves helping people reach their goals of entering the tech industry.
- Spent the majority of her career in the Technical industry, gaining experiences in areas such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Amazon Web Service (AWS), and Cybersecurity.
- Earned a B.S. in Organizational Leadership and Management from Langston University and an M.S. in Cybersecurity from the University of Dallas.
- While Program Management is her primary job function by day, LaRhonda also enjoys cooking and dancing.
AWS Cloud Performance Coach
Born and raised on Chicago’s west side.
After 20+ exciting and prosperous years of working as an IT professional, he followed his passion to pursue coaching so that he could help others in their journey to a more fulfilling life.
Passionate about helping youth and their families who are ready and willing to bring out the best version of themselves in every part of their life.
Believes that everyone has potential for greatness and when we connect with ours and each other’s true essence we are able to bring out of the most beautiful experiences in life.
Music has also been a major influence in his life and he hopes to continue coaching and playing music well into the future with the purpose of uplifting the minds and spirits of every willing participant and observer.
job details and eligibility
The role: AWS Cloud Computing Specialist
Responsibilities will vary based on individual role. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Assist in seamless information migration to cloud platform
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments, to include Cloud technologies.
salary & benefits
- Salary range: $35k – $40k. *Associate Degree = $40k, High School Diploma = $35k*
- Benefits may include health, PTO, dental, 401k, etc., but will vary depending on hiring company offerings.
- Locations will vary based on hiring company.
eligibility & exclusions
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, creating/maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyze data and communicate ideas clearly
- Prior experience with Python or the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated interest in IT and/or cloud
- Our apprenticeship is designed to provide a pathway to a successful tech career where opportunities traditionally do not exist. Therefore, we must insist that all applicants have not yet completed their Bachelor’s degree.
AM I GUARANTEED A JOB AFTER BOOTCAMP?
No. You are guaranteed at least 1 interview with a partner company if you complete the bootcamp in good standing.
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
All New Apprenticeship Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship Programs are brought to you at no cost by our grant partners not limited to the Department of Labor, Workforce Boards, and Employers. By entering the program, you acknowledge and agree to complete and submit documentation and comply with the requirements for eligibility.
HOW MUCH DOES THE FULL-TIME APPRENTICESHIP ROLE PAY?
Because we have multiple partner companies hiring apprentices, the salary can vary. The minimum salary offered is $35,000 with an expected offer range between $35k and $40k. *Associate Degree = $40k, High School Diploma = $35k*
DOES THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM REQUIRE AN IN-PERSON TRAINING?
All training, coaching and mentoring provided by New Apprenticeship is remote, however, your employer may require you to work in-office upon acceptance of a full-time job.
WHAT IS THE JOB TITLE AND JOB DESCRIPTION?
Since we have multiple employer partners, your job title and description may vary slightly, but it should be similar to AWS Cloud Computing Specialist. For an example job description, search other cloud computing roles to better understand day-to-day responsibilities in similar positions.
DO I NEED ANY PRIOR SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM?
You will be required to have a general aptitude for computers and technology, as well as a basic understanding of Python. If you do not have any prior Python knowledge, you will be given the opportunity in the application process to complete free lessons through Codecademy and submit them to our team to move to the next step.
Do I need to pay for certifications throughout the program?
All Apprentices who choose to pursue certifications during the 12-month apprenticeship can do so at no cost for the first exam. If do not pass and wish to retake an exam during the 12-month apprenticeship, please note that NEW will contribute $50 for any the first retake. Any additional test costs will be the responsibility of the apprentice.
Pre-employment bootcamp participants (Learners) will be provided course material to prepare for certifications at no cost as part of the program, however, NEW will not provide exam vouchers or financial contribution towards exam fees, except for in the cases below:
- Participants in the ITSN bootcamp have the option to take the ServiceNow Certified Systems Administrator (CSA) exam at no cost during bootcamp if they meet certain outlined criteria. In addition, NEW will also contribute $50 one additional retake of the CSA.
- Pre-employment bootcamp participants (Learners) that have received grant funding will receive financial contribution to cover full certification cost of the initial test, as well as $50 towards only the first retake, (if necessary).