aws CLoud Apprenticeship
start a 14-month accelerated career journey | Gain Professional experience | become a leader in tech
AWS APPRENTICESHIP OVERVIEW
APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
Attend 9-Week Bootcamp
interview with aws partner company
training & mentoring
accelerate & advance
- 8-Week Pre-Apprenticeship Training
- ~6 hours live training + 10-15 hrs additional time per week
- Mon, Tues, Thurs 5:30-7:30pm CST
- Linux Bash Shell & Scripting
- Python Essential Training
- Amazon Web Services
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- 12 Months
- 4 hours live training + 5-10 additional time per week
- Full-time work schedule (hours may vary)
Check out how NEW’s programs have impacted our current apprentices who are excelling in their programs.
Tech Process Associate at Infosys
“I received and accepted a job offer from Infosys. This could not have happened without NEW taking the time from your busy schedule to follow up on my specific situation. The bootcamp and apprenticeship have changed my life for the better. So rather than just say thank you to you, I will also demonstrate my appreciation by working hard to excel in the apprenticeship program, as well as utilize the opportunity to the best of my ability. Thank you for your comittment, assistance, and support. My gratitude for your contribution to my future success is immeasurable.”
Tech Process Associate at Infosys
“I was clueless at first, but I quickly learned how to find solutions. I don’t feel stuck anymore. Be ready to learn in the program. We are all here to help.”
job details and eligibility
The role: AWS Cloud Computing Specialist
Responsibilities will vary based on individual role. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Assist in seamless information migration to cloud platform
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments, to include Cloud technologies.
salary & benefits
- Salary range: $45,000 – $60,000
- Benefits may include health, PTO, dental, 401k, etc., but will vary depending on hiring company offerings.
- Locations will vary based on hiring company.
eligibility & exclusions
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, creating/maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyze data and communicate ideas clearly
- Prior experience with Python or the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated interest in IT and/or cloud
- Our apprenticeship is designed to provide a pathway to a successful tech career where opportunities traditionally do not exist. Therefore, we must insist that all applicants have not yet completed their Bachelor’s degree.
AM I GUARANTEED A JOB AFTER BOOTCAMP?
No. You are guaranteed at least 1 interview with a partner company if you complete the bootcamp in good standing.
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
There is no cost to you as a participant. The total value of the bootcamp and apprenticeship is $15,000, which is paid on your behalf through contributions from our employer partners as well as applicable local, state and federal grants.
HOW MUCH DOES THE FULL-TIME APPRENTICESHIP ROLE PAY?
Because we have multiple partner companies hiring apprentices, the salary can vary. The minimum salary offered is $45,000 with an expected offer range between $45,000 and $60,000.
DOES THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM REQUIRE AN IN-PERSON TRAINING?
All training, coaching and mentoring provided by New Apprenticeship is remote, however, your employer may require you to work in-office upon acceptance of a full-time job.
WHAT IS THE JOB TITLE AND JOB DESCRIPTION?
Since we have multiple employer partners, your job title and description may vary slightly, but it should be similar to AWS Cloud Computing Specialist. For an example job description, search other cloud computing roles to better understand day-to-day responsibilities in similar positions.
DO I NEED ANY PRIOR SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM?
You will be required to have a general aptitude for computers and technology, as well as a basic understanding of Python. If you do not have any prior Python knowledge, you will be given the opportunity to complete free lessons through Codecademy (LINK HERE) and submit them to our team (LINK HERE) to move to the next step in the application process.